There are many new Football video games currently in development to compete with EA, which has released EA Sports FC 24 this year, one of them being UFL.
What is UFL?
- Free to play game developed by Strikerz Inc
- Available on PlayStation and Xbox. It is possible that a PC version will be released in the future but not from launch
- Runs on the Unreal Engine
- Game ambassadors: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin De Bruyne, Firmino, Lukaku, Zinchenko
- Licensed clubs, already partners with PSV, Bayer Leverkusen, West Ham, AS Monaco, Celtic, Rangers, Besiktas
Gamemodes in UFL?
One of the main advantages of EA Sports FC compared to these new games will be the amount of playable modes.
In UFL Career Mode and Pro Clubs are currently not in development, all of the focus seems to be on an Ultimate Team alternative.
It is confirmed that in UFL there will be 3 v 3 online ranked, also we expect 2 v 2 to similarly be available and of course the classic 1 v 1.
The UFL team have promised a “Fair to play experience that implies a skill first approach and zero pay to win options.” which has raised questions about how they will be generating revenue but that is a topic for another day…
When will it be released?
Creating a console video game starting from zero is quite the challenge, UFL has been in development for 5 years already so they might be closer to release than you think.
As of now, the latest information is that UFL will be released by the end of 2023 if all goes according to plan.
If you would like to learn more about UFL watch this YouTube video by FUT Mentor.